I need more patience with my children, specifically my weirdo son. Gracious knows that I love my babies with all of my heart. It is just get...

Wanted: More Patience!

I need more patience with my children, specifically my weirdo son. Gracious knows that I love my babies with all of my heart. It is just getting increasingly more difficult to tolerate the craziness that is my son's behavior.

He is constantly talking and it is usually just saying, "Maaa!?"


"Yes, Freddie?"


"Uhhhh.....(blank stare) I like you!"


"I like you too, Freddie."


"Uhhh...Maa?"


"Yes, Freddie?"


"Um.....do you....Ma do you, do you, Um....Ma do you know what movie I like?"


"Which movie?"


"That movie Toy Story 3, that's a good movie."


"Yup."


"Uh, Maaa?"


"Yes, Freddie."


"I know how about we could do before bed."


"What?"


"Ummm...we could, Maa we could um watch that movie...we could watch Toy Story 3!"

This is actually a pretty productive conversation, but they usually aren't so and they happen at least 25-30 times a day. He talks so fast that he doesn't even pronounce Mama, it's just, "Maa!" This is combined with a lot of whining recently and bursting into tears when he puts his shoes on backwards. He has also taken to making airplane noises, shooting pretend guns, talking to himself, T-Rex walking through public places including tucking his elbows into his sides and stomping, rolling his head around while laughing and talking to himself, constantly sniffling and refusing to blow his nose until he's forced to by my nagging and a big droop of snot about to run into his lips. Disgusting, I know! This is typical kiddo behavior, but my patience is so short sometimes that I worry he may get a complex. I nag too much over stupid things. I know that pregnancy, a 2 year old in potty training, and the extreme pain my back are all combining factors in this though. Still, pray if you can for me to have more patience with him and to enjoy his silliness rather than let it be a bother to me. It breaks my heart when I look back on a day and see that I've burdened him more than I've praised him. Sweet crazy kid, how I wish we could all be more like you!

3 comments:

Can said...

I stress myself out when I think about how frustrated I can get with Parker but I think it's all a part of motherhood. Stay strong :D

Mary S. said...

Nancy and Jason made it through his childhood without his becoming too traumatized. You and Freddie will be just fine.

ainmemphis said...

I will pray for you if you pray for me! I need some patience too and Sean hasn't even gotten to the annoying phase yet! You are more patient than I am for sure!